Monday, September 30, 2019

Joys of iPhone Updates

The recent iPhone update really screwed with my iPhone app.  Have to renew my Dev license and see what's up.

App works if I leave it open, and close the phone.  
Sometimes, it appears that is goes to sleep, no glucose readings are evaluated, until I open the phone, then it instantly reconnects and pulls in a value.  Maybe I backgrounded the app in this case.

It's really bad at discovering the bluetooth device now.  It will scan for about a minute and then shut down.  I don't think it will connect at all from the background.

And all of this behavior varies.  Best bet is to keep it wide open, with the screen on, if I need to use it.

1 comment:

  1. Finally have the app running in the background without dying. Newest version of xcode actually gives you a warning telling you that using a timer would cause the app to be terminated.

    ReplyDelete