I've had the TI CC2511 Development board laying around for a while. I was pretty confused by the software for interacting with it. Compounding the confusion, was that it doesn't play well with Windows 7. Like most medical tech, since the approval process is drawn out, you're getting obsolete technology by the time the product gets to market. In this case, the development board software hasn't been updated since 2009.
I was about ready to dust off an XP notebook, but first I took a stab at filling in some of the fields in the RF Studio program. I was then able to save that configuration, which doesn't get saved in the format that the packet sniffer wants (why?). Then I opened the Packet Sniffer and manually changed some of the Registers.
And "Poof", it works.
The last two records you see are for 107 and 110 mg/dl. Looks like glucose raw counts are bytes 12-15. This is an 8 day old sensor, so expect the curve to be flatter.
I wish I could hook this to a micro controller right now, but this is going to be a challenge. I'm probably going to have to go through the whole USB sniffing process that I did with the Dexcom to use this device. Also, I don't yet know if there's a USB Library that will play with this on Arduino. I wish this came in a non-USB version. May have to buy the chip and go at it directly.
A shot of the Development board, you can cut off the strip I've drawn an arrow to. I really want this in a non-USB version. I can get that in a full kit for around $500.