Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Prototype



Today, I got the Dexcom talking to a Teensy 3.1 and a Circuits@Home Usb Stick.  Each of these boards is 0.7" X 1.5".  I've had these around for about a month, and they've been frustrating me.  Finally set aside today, as a day of failure, to work through the assorted issues.

FYI, I'm accumulating boards and watches at an alarming rate.

My problem here, is I was trying to just get the Chronos working with these circuits, since, in my mind, it's simpler.  Finally on a whim, I broke the code out for just the Dexcom, and it works.

I can plug yet another stick of gum size board into this mess, and I'll have either bluetooth or Ant+.  At this point, I may go with Ant+, simulate a HR packet, and use a Timex Ironman Watch.  I don't own that watch yet though...

The Ant+ dongle is insanely small, I'll attempt soldering that tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Again, wow! With power management, you should be able to create a container roughly the same size as the Dexcom receiver (probably thinner) that could be used to transmit to a cell phone wirelessly or a watch like you are using (or both)! Am I understanding that right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about right, the battery is going to be the largest part. Within the next 2 weeks I should have something together. About 8 hours for a 2400 mAh battery. With the Dexcom charging disabled, this may get allot better.

      Delete
  2. Any way of getting my hands on one of your Prototypes ?
    Or helping you finance a Bluetooth version ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's legal issues, this is a medical device etc... I share what I can. The point here is, we're at an interesting point with technology, where allot is available to the consumer. The setup I use with the Raspberry Pi, is a bunch of store bought components plugged together. There's a great python app for talking to the Metawatch and there's also some Python code out there for the Dexcom.

      Delete