Monday, July 18, 2022

Finally on the G6

Not really a celebration, but anyway.

Finally ran out of my G4 sensors, and it was also transmitter battery replacement time.  I found that the transmitters were lasting shorter amounts of time with the last few replacements.  

It took all of a week before I had to hack together a solution so I could get back my predictive bg readings and push the data to my Garmin.  I couldn't see buying an iWatch, the battery life is terrible.  Additionally, I'm underwhelmed by whatever app dexcom would be providing.

I've got this running on a Raspberry Pi that I always have around for Unix things.  It was fairly easy.  I'm using cron to call a python script every minute that connects to share and gets my glucose. 

I then store the value in a mysql database, do my analytics and send a notification to my Garmin if necessary.  I wasn't looking forward to writing another iPhone app, so I found an app called Pushover that handles this perfectly.

I miss my 2 hour snooze function, but I'll live.

The one downside to this, is it won't work when I'm mountain biking in parts of Vermont.  I have to rely on just the phone app when I'm out of network.

No comments:

Post a Comment