Theory is, these will slide together and I'll add a little hot glue to hold it all together. Real close to encasing this one in epoxy, but I'd like to find a way to cut down on static first.
Assembling the PCB didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped. The CC2500 has a large(ish) crystal on the back (this is how they can sell for <$5). I had to carve out a hole in the board, which required I add another jumper. I knew I was going to route a slot, I just didn't realize how large it was going to end up being.
Here's a view of the completed board, with the separate lipo charger. I usually mount the lipo unit on the same board, but I realized I could get this one really small if I did without.
Here's a view of the carving on the back of the board to allow the CC2500 to sit flush.
The CC2500 didn't work initially either. I had to reheat all the connections, and the ones on the RFDuino. Then I used a solder wick to remove excess solder. After a few rounds, everything was working. This just goes with the territory when you're hand soldering surface mount components.
I have an electric frying pan and solder paste, I may give that a try next.
And finally, most of my models since last January.