Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Changing the Transmitter Battery ?

Well, I'm getting screwed by my insurance company, so I'm paying for the transmitter out of pocket.
Once I have my replacement in hand, we will be covering replacing the transmitter battery.
Stay tuned.

12/6: Update:  Battery is still working.  I think the low battery conniption the Dex throws must be coded in, and has nothing to do with the battery.  Very uncool.  Do the math, if the battery was so low 40 days ago, that the receiver was missing signals etc., for a week, how does it fix itself and work problem free after that?  Range is still great, not like some internal setting kicked the transmitter output down to conserve battery.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Don, I am in the process of developing a mobile app so I can monitor my 11 year-old while he's at school and such. Would you be willing to give me 10 minutes to pose a couple questions via email. If yes, email me at toby at canning dot us If not, no worries. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B r mc collum at g mail dot com, I would like to start a dialog on the efforts on this topic.

    ReplyDelete